Why you should use a wrap carrier
Let’s start by understanding that using a baby wrap carrier is not just for carrying your baby from one place to another, but it is also to nurture and take care.
It’s great to be hands free, but it’s so much more than that.
The babies first three months outside the womb, while they are getting used to the world, are known as the “fourth trimester”.
The fourth trimester is the 12-week period immediately after you have had your baby. Not everyone has heard of it, but every parent and their newborn baby will go through it. It’s a time of great physical and emotional change as your baby adjusts to being outside the womb, while you adjust to your new life as a parent.During this time, the sense of security and safety that came with being in the womb has been replaced by the sounds of the outside world and the newborn responds to this environment by crying, staring and waving its arms. The first three months are critical to the healthy development of its psychosocial development, and this is where the parents’ roles come into place by offering that security, safety, and nurturing.
Wrapping your baby is one of the easiest and best ways of doing so.
Benefits of using our baby wrap:
- Feeling good - In order for you to be able to take care for your baby - first of all you need to be good to yourself. Our wraps are beautiful, stylish and comfortable and they will make you feel good from the inside out.
- Wellbeing - having your baby so close allows you to touch him or her more and improve their overall wellbeing.
- Breaking social isolation – wearing your baby can help you break social isolation by making it easier to take a walk, stay in active or meeting some friends.
- Helps to calming down - babies are programmed to stop crying when they are embraced- their heart rate slows down and the part of the brain that alerts us to danger or threats also relaxes, which is why babies worn in the wrap are quiet, calm and fall asleep very quickly.
- You can't say it enough - they are quiet, calm and fall asleep very quickly :)
- Skin to skin – wearing your baby increases the amount of time spent doing “skin-to-skin” with your baby. It reduces postpartum depression and helps to establish breastfeeding.
- Breastfeeding - It may take a little practice, but once you get the hang of it, you get to nursing without anyone even noticing.
- Development- babies who are allowed to experience this closeness, end up having better psychomotor, mental, and social skills as they grow up.
- Safe from birth - You can use the wrap from birth as it allows the baby to rest in natural M-position of hips and knees. Babies who have been worn in wraps tend to have hip joints that develop faster.
- Experiencing the world - the use of a wrap allows the babies to see and experience more of the world than if they were in a stroller and are overall more involved in their parents' everyday lives.